It is not uncommon that the distance between a USB 2.0 device and a host is more than 5 meters. In such cases, a direct USB cable cannot be used to connect them reliably. With the help of this device side extender USB 2.0 extension solutions can be built that make use of CAT5e/6/7 cables up to 100 meters. Both LAN and direct cable infrastructures are supported.
Another challenging situation where these extenders can be of help is when USB 2.0 devices from multiple locations need to be connected to a single host at the same time. Using a LAN infrastructure, up to 7 of these device side extenders can be paired to a compatible host side extender.
A USB device may be used by a host at a given point of time and another host may want to use the same USB device somewhat later. The device side extender under discussion meets the above need because it can be paired to any compatible host side extender which is also present on the same LAN.
- LAN and direct cable connectivity supported
- Dynamic pairing to compatible host side extenders
- Transparent USB extension
- Throughput up to 480 Mbps
- 1000mA charging on the USB ports
- Device class filtering
- True Plug and Play
- Several mounting possibilities
- Small form factor and light weight
- Compatibility with ExtremeUSB® USB 2.0 vendor lock free extension devices