The DM-NAX-XSP is an 8K display controller with a local HDMI input and HDMI passthrough, DM NAX AoIP encoder and decoder functionality, and eARC support. Its compact form factor facilitates mounting the device behind a display, or it can be mounted to a single rack rail using included hardware.
DM NAX is built on the AES67 standards, with additional ease of configuration via a web interface, SIMPL Windows, C#, and/or a RESTful API. It is compatible with DM NVX through the AES67 secondary audio stream, and also with third-party AES67 solutions and Dante via the compatibility mode enabled through Dante Controller.
8K60 4:2:0, 4K120 4:4:4, and HDR Support
The DM-NAX-XSP supports video resolutions up to 8K60 with 4:2:0 color sampling, 8K30 4:4:4, or 4K120 4:4:4. HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision video formats are also supported.
The HDMI output of the DM-NAX-XSP supports Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC) connectivity, allowing audio to be extracted from a connected display and transmitted over the network as a DM NAX AoIP stream. Extracting audio from the display via the eARC connection means only a single cable is required for video and bidirectional audio. This connection also allows local audio content from the display (such as smart TV streaming applications) to be encoded as streams available to an AoIP audio distribution system.
Surround Sound and Downmixing
The HDMI input and eARC connections of the DM-NAX-XSP support Dolby audio formats up to Dolby Atmos or up to 8 channels of LPCM. Digital audio formats received at the HDMI input can be passed through to the HDMI output. Supported surround sound formats can be downmixed to stereo via the built-in DSP to transmit a 2-channel AoIP stream onto the network.
Device Control via RS-232, IR, Relay, and Digital Input Ports
The DM-NAX-XSP includes built-in COM (RS-232), IR, relay, and digital input ports for controlling source devices and accessories.
CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) can control compatible source and display devices via the HDMI connection, eliminating the need for dedicated serial cables or IR emitters. CEC over the HDMI output can also turn the connected display on or off without additional programming.
DM NAX takes audio distribution to a whole new level by putting it on the network. The DM-NAX-XSP sends and receives DM NAX and AES67 encoded audio over a standard IP network. A single DM NAX system can handle audio distribution between 32 DM NAX devices and supports up to 256 audio output zones. DM NAX devices can seamlessly pull and distribute the audio from DM NVX sources.
- Audio-over-IP (AoIP) display controller and audio encoder/decoder
- Handles video resolutions up to 8K60 4:2:0 and 4K120 4:4:4
- Supports HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision® video formats
- Supports all Dolby® audio formats up to Dolby Atmos® or LPCM up to 8 channels
- eARC support available on HDMI® connection to display
- HDCP 2.3 compliant
- Connected device control via CEC, RS-232, IR, and relays
- Connects directly to a managed network to route audio to or from other DM NAX® and DM NVX® devices
- Interoperable with Dante® audio networking devices via AES67 compatibility
- Streamlined configuration through a web interface
- Seamless Crestron system integration with Crestron Home® OS and SIMPL Windows programming
- Compact, surface-mountable design
- PoE+ powered device