The DM-NAX-BTIO-1G is a DM NAX encoder and decoder with support for Bluetooth wireless and analog line-level wired audio input and output, housed in a single-gang wall plate form factor. The front panel features an OLED display and four buttons for device pairing and menu navigation. Two 1/8 in. (3.5 mm) TRS connectors for stereo unbalanced analog line-level audio input and output are concealed under a front panel door. The rear panel of the wall plate features an Ethernet connection for PoE, Audio over IP (AoIP), and control.
DM NAX is built on the AES67 standards with additional ease of configuration via a web interface, SIMPL Windows, C#, and/or a RESTful API. It is compatible with DM NVX through the AES67 secondary audio stream and also with third-party AES67 solutions and Dante via the compatibility mode enabled through Dante Controller.
Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity
Bluetooth wireless audio support is built-in to the DM-NAX-BTIO-1G, allowing a stereo audio signal to be transmitted from a smart phone or other source device to the wall plate. This stereo signal can be output as a DM NAX AoIP stream onto the network or as an unbalanced line-level analog signal from the local 3.5 mm audio output connector. Metadata for the Bluetooth audio stream can be displayed on the front panel, and up to seven previous source device connections can be recalled.
DM NAX takes audio distribution to a whole new level by putting it on the network. The DM-NAX-BTIO-1G sends and receives DM NAX and AES67 encoded audio over a standard IP network. A single DM NAX system can handle audio distribution between 32 DM NAX devices and supports up to 256 audio output zones. DM NAX devices can seamlessly pull and distribute the audio from DM NVX sources.
Encoder and Decoder Functionality
The DM-NAX-BTIO-1G can operate as a network AV encoder and decoder. The local input sources on the wall plate can be sent as AoIP streams to DM NAX, Dante, or AES67 capable devices. Simultaneously, the DM-NAX-BTIO-1G can receive AoIP streams from these same devices and decode them for local output.
Front Panel Controls and Display
The DM-NAX-BTIO-1G features four front panel push buttons and a 128 x 64 dot matrix OLED display. The push buttons allow local volume control and Bluetooth pairing, with volume feedback and pairing status reflected in real time on the display. Metadata for Bluetooth media and basic configuration menus are also shown on the display.
Both the display and push buttons can be disabled via the configuration web interface or programming for applications where a more discreet or secure installation is required.
- Built-in Bluetooth® wireless audio input support
- Front panel OLED display provides metadata readout and device setup menus
- Single-gang U.S. wall box installation
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) network powered
- Stereo unbalanced analog line-level audio input and output via 3.5 mm TRS connectors
- Mountable in a standard US electrical box or on a rack rail via included hardware
- Connects directly to a managed network to route to or from other DM NAX® and DM NVX® devices
- Interoperable with Dante® audio networking devices via AES67 compatibility
- Streamlined configuration through front panel push buttons and a web interface
- Seamless Crestron system integration with Crestron Home® OS and SIMPL Windows programming