The DM-NAX-AUD-IO is a DM NAX encoder and decoder with support for analog line-level audio input and output. The device is housed in a versatile form factor that can be mounted in a single-gang standard electrical box, under a table, or on a rack rail. An additional polycarbonate label is included with rotated text to make the front panel more legible in electrical box installations. The rear panel of the device features an Ethernet connection for PoE, Audio over IP (AoIP), and control.
DM NAX is built on the AES67 standards with additional ease of configuration via a web interface, SIMPL Windows, C#, and/or a RESTful API. It is compatible with DM NVX through the AES67 secondary audio stream and also with third-party AES67 solutions and Dante via the compatibility mode enabled through Dante Controller.
DM NAX takes audio distribution to a whole new level by putting it on the network. The DM-NAX-AUD-IO sends and receives DM NAX and AES67 encoded audio over a standard IP network. A single DM NAX system can handle audio distribution between 32 DM NAX devices and supports up to 256 audio output zones. DM NAX devices can seamlessly pull and distribute the audio from DM NVX sources.
Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
DSP capabilities such as bass and treble boost and cut, loudness, adjustable delay, speaker protection and limiting, tone profiles, a full 10-band EQ per output, and an option to have line output as a fixed or variable level with or without DSP applied are available. Speaker profiles for first and third party speaker models are built in to simplify output DSP tuning.
Encoder and Decoder Functionality
The DM-NAX-AUD-IO can operate as a network AV encoder and decoder. The local input sources on the adapter can be sent as AoIP streams to DM NAX, Dante, or AES67 capable devices. Simultaneously, the DM-NAX-AUD-IO can receive AoIP streams from these same devices and decode them for local output.
- Line-level, balanced/unbalanced analog audio input and output via detachable terminal block connectors
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) network powered
- Mountable in a standard US electrical box, under a table, or on a rack rail via included hardware
- Connects directly to a managed network to route to or from other DM NAX® and DM NVX® devices
- Interoperable with Dante® audio networking devices via AES67 compatibility
- Streamlined configuration through a web interface
- Seamless Crestron system integration with Crestron Home® OS and SIMPL Windows programming