Emerald® PE gives users a seamless desktop experience anywhere on a TCP/IP network with the actual hardware stored in a corporate data center or in the cloud. Deploy PE on standard corporate networks and across WANs, even for media-rich applications, like video and photo editing. Link TX and RX units in a point-to-point KVM extension over CATx up to 100 meters or even farther using an IP or WAN connection. Or connect multiple TX and RX units to an Emerald or IP matrix switch. Start small with a point-to-point extension, or scale Emerald infinitely by adding endpoints, with no extra chassis or cards. PE supports up to 32 endpoints. Manage larger systems centrally with Boxilla®.
Easy Migration and Scaling:
Scale access infinitely and gradually over an existing network infrastructure. Outstanding Video Quality: Emerald PE supports pixel-perfect HD DisplayPort video with 1920 x 1080 resolutions, ideal for medical imaging and control rooms.
Emerald PE supports VM® and Microsoft®, HyperV®, using RDP 8.1 and RemoteFX.
Simple System Management:
Manage bandwidth and user access, deploy new endpoints, update firmware, and more via the RX's OSD or Boxilla, a hardware-based management appliance with a user-friendly, browser-based GUI.
Redundant network ports offer 24/7 operation if one network fails. Connect the endpoints via two alternative direct links, a direct link, and a network connection, or two independent networks.
Works with Other KVM Systems:
Emerald works with the Emerald product family and these Black Box KVM product families:
- DKM proprietary, direct-connect KVM system
- Freedom II Multi-Monitor Switch with Glide and Switch technology
- ControlBridge, our system for one-touch, multisystem control
- Boxilla KVM Manager
- Next-generation KVM extension and matrix switching simplifies access to both physical and virtual servers
- Pixel-perfect HD DisplayPort video up to 1920 x 1080
- Supports USB HID, transparent USB 2.0, and audio
- Manage bandwidth and user access, deploy new endpoints, update firmware, and more from the receiver’s OSD or Boxilla
- Compatible with existing KVM systems like DKM and Boxilla